Thanks for visiting! I am a Western Mass. based freelance photographer, specializing in weddings, events and editorial work. Prior to coming home to “The Valley” in 2010, I lived in Washington, DC. I spent 6 years as a member of the White House press corps . I was lucky enough to document a lot of historic events, including the election and inauguration of President Obama. My work has appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, TIME magazine, and The Atlantic. Here's a photo of me and my family in our favorite place :)
A few possibly interesting facts about me:
- I’ve photographed many U.S. presidents, but my wife wants me to tell you that I’ve also photographed Brittney Spears, Rhianna, Elton John, Nicole Kidman, Norman Mailer, and Angelina Jolie.
- My first full-time job in photography was at The Cape Codder newspaper in Orleans, Massachusetts. I shot mostly B&W film in those days.
- I got a C in photography at West Springfield High School (and my uncle taught the class.)
- I once got a bird to land in my hand, on camera, inside the U.S. Capitol. CNN got the footage and interviewed me about the bird.
- I was pranked by the Air Force One crew the first (and only) time I flew on it.